Health and Social Care
- 16-18 years old (or 19-24 and have an educational health care plan).
- Have a right to live and work in the UK.
- Live in Gloucestershire.
- Currently not in education, employment, or training (NEET).
If so, then this course could be for you.
Why study with us?
Our Health and Social Care course includes:
- Interactive and engaging sessions, taught by our experienced tutors.
- Great incentives such as bus fare reimbursed.
- Gain up to Level 2 in maths and English.
- Work experience in your chosen field with our professional partners (where you can also gain a reference).
- Excellent pastoral care and a supportive environment.
This is an introduction to the various job roles and different sectors within health and social care. The course is assignment based and enables you to learn in the safety of our fully equipped learning centre.
What will you study?
- Service provisions and job roles
- Guidance and standards
- Health and safety
- Safeguarding and protection
- Equality and diversity
- Person-centred practice
- Dementia Awareness
- Mental Health Awareness
- Learning Disability Awareness
The course will equip learners with all the skills required to progress into work, an apprenticeship or further education. Our courses can also be tailored to your needs by allowing you to work on your English, maths and work skills. You will even be set up on a work placement designed to help you gain experience in this sector.
To apply, you will require at least one of the following:
- GCSE scores of 4-9 in maths and English or equivalent (desired but not compulsory).
- A current I.D. photo to obtain a DBS (in order for you to complete your work experience).
Take a look at our flyer here - View Document. Please feel free to print and share!