Motor Vehicle Maintenance
Take a look at our MVM Leaflet - View Document
This course will enable the learner to work towards a Level 1 Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance. With our 2 dedicated tutors to meet the demand for this unique provision, this is an opportunity for learners to attend an interactive, informative course where they will cover the basic technical needs for today’s motor vehicle repair industry. It is a learning programme which involves students studying both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- Light vehicle construction and routine maintenance
- Operating principles of light vehicle engines, tyres, brakes, steering and suspension systems.
This will allow learners to observe one another, learn and then apply knowledge enabling them to experience a ‘real work setting’, work on full size cars rather than just a panel, and work in a safe environment.
Our MVM course consists of a mixture of taught sessions, activities and time spent in the workplace with one of our professional motor vehicle industry partners. The course will equip learners with all the skills required to progress into work, an apprenticeship or further education.
Learners will also gain knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
Learners are also offered additional accredited learning courses:
- CSCS site operative card to be able to work on-site
- Gain up to Level 2 functional English and Maths or GCSE
- Information Communication Technology
- Personal Social Development
- Rotary - Community Qualification
- Information Advice and Guidance
- Work Experience with a local company
Call us at our Mill Place office on;
Telephone: 01452 300255
Sign up NOW!
If you are interested in this course, would like to sign up or ask any further questions please click here